One net lane and one grass wicket with the mobile cage will be available for use by members only from Friday 29 May 2020.
There are very strict guidelines as to how they should be used and these will be on full display on the club. They are also detailed below and should be read very carefully before making a booking.
To book, please call or message Martin Smithers (mobile: 07917 284133, e-mail: email@example.com). The nets are available in one hour slots. The slots will be at 2pm, 3.15pm and 4.30pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 6pm and 7.15pm slots will be available on Tuesday and Thursday. Note the 15 minute gap between each slot. You may also deal with Steve Jones (Junior Academy Chairman) by contacting him on 07597 590237 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to net outside of these time slots then we will endeavour to accommodate you if we can find a club official to supervise.
Paul Stoddard is available for one on one coaching at a cost of £20 per hour. Paul will be donating £5 from each one on one to the club. Paul is an excellent coach and can be contacted on Paul.email@example.com and will initially be available on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
When you book you will be asked for the name of the users and the name of the responsible adult who will be supervising (where appropriate) to confirm that you have read and understood and will adhere to all rules and that none of those using your lane are showing any symptoms of Coronavirus. You must bring your own equipment. To make a booking you will need to be a member of the club. This means that a one off fee of £10 needs to be paid and is for insurance purposes. Naturally life members do not need to pay. Please make payment to Marlborough Cricket Club (Sort Code: 52-30-27, Account Number: 08836973) and include your name in the reference.
Please bear in mind the following:
- Any adult member using the net or parent of a junior must be vigilant in ensuring that no one is in the nets area that shouldn't be and should report to a committee member if they have any concerns regarding this or regarding other rules broken by net users.
- Sessions may only be booked one hour at a time and you cannot block part a slot due to the requirement to check each time whether any of the groups are symptomatic.
- A reminder that sessions may consist of two members of different households or up to 4 from the same household. Social distancing rules need to be adhered to at all times.
- Please take all rubbish away with you and only arrive just before and to leave straight after your session.
- Please note that each person must use their own cricket balls except those from the same household to bowl with. We appreciate that not everyone will have a stock of balls. If you require balls please let Martin know when you book as used balls can be made available if required. You will need to ensure that the ball is cleaned prior to use. The clubhouse will not be open.
It is important that the rules are followed carefully as any abuse of the rules will mean that the whole facility will have to close immediately and not re-open until circumstances change. We hope that you can make good use of the club in these difficult times.